Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltip from webchart v9.1 doesn't work in Firefox/Chrome
posted

Hi,

I'm using a webchart with tooltips in my web page and when I open it with IE the tooltips appear in the  chart data columns, but that doesn't happen with FF or Chrome.

I tried to debug the resources with developer tools and the only point in which I got a js error is in line 824 of ig_webchart.js.

The code is:

if (IGB.IsFirefox && chartElement && this.HairHorizontal.offsetParent != chartElement && this.HairHorizontal.offsetParent != chartElement.offsetParent)
        {
            var boxObj = document.getBoxObjectFor(chartElement); //The error is happening here
            if (boxObj)
            {
                xOffset = boxObj.x;
                yOffset = boxObj.y;
            }
        }

getBoxObjectFor is undenfined.

I don't know if this is the source of the problem but I appreciate some help =D.

Thanks in advance

Vitor.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Vitor,

The function document.getBoxObjectFor(..) function is no longer supported in FF 3.6 and the javascript method was fixed the moment it happened, so you should just upgrade your controls and will have no error.

Let us know if you have further problems.

Children
No Data