Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How is validation of editable WHDG columns achieved?
posted

Version: Infragistics35 9.2.20092.1003

Hi, I am attempting to add required field validators to a webhierarchicaldatagrid. I tried the method shown in the following blog post, which refers to plain webdatagrids:

https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-asp-net/91691/webdatagrid-cell-validation-on-row-adding-and-row-editting-nullreferenceexception

but discovered that unlike the HDG, validators will not accept the id of a WHDG for the "ControlToValidate" property of a validator (I get the following error: "Control 'WebHierarchicalDataGrid1' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of 'RegularExpressionValidator2' cannot be validated. "

I have attached some very simple code to show the difference (simply remove the comment tags from the validators attached to the WHDG. I haven't done anything in codebehind).

This being the case, is there a way of using standard asp.net validators with editable cells for the webhierarchicaldatagrid, as with the webdatagrid?

Parents
    Offline posted

This post is over a year old, has an answer been found?  I am having the same problem with the WebHierarchicalDataGrid.  My error is "Message: Control 'whdgAddress' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of 'valEmailAddress' cannot be validated.", where whdgAddress is my grid and valEmailAddress is my validator.  The field I am trying to edit is in the child band of the grid. 

Reply Children
No Data