Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dropdown data entry
posted

Is there any sample code that shows a drop down box being used in a WebHierarchicalDataGrid?

I get my code to work until I put the dropdown in the form. Then when I attempt to update I get the message:

Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

I follow the video sample for a WebDataGrid and that behaves just fine with the same datasource and update commands. Has anyone got this functionality to actually work? I'm at a loss and a sample markup that actually works would be a godsend.

Parents
    posted

I'm having the same issue as both of you.  A response about this would be helpful.

I do have a little more information as to what may be causing the problem...

My WHDG has three levels.  I have a dropdownlist editor provider for the third level down.  What's wierd is that everything works fine until I put a TemplateDataField in the top level.  That's when I get the viewstate error.

Reply Children
No Data