Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown with WebHierarchicalDataSource templates
posted

Hello .. I have the following working component:

<ig:WebDropDown ID="wddCoType" runat="server" DropDownContainerMaxHeight="500px"
DropDownContainerWidth="290px" Height="20px" Width="280px" AutoPostBack="True" CssClass="wddMarginFix"
DisplayMode="DropDownList" EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect="true"
DropDownContainerHeight="320px">
<%--CssClass="wddSmallFnt wddMarginFix"--%>
<Items>
<ig:DropDownItem>
</ig:DropDownItem>
</Items>
<ItemTemplate>
<ig:WebDataTree ID="wdtCoType" runat="server" DataSourceID="whds" Height="300px"
Width="250px" OnSelectionChanged="wdtCoType_SelectionChanged" SelectionType="Single">
<ClientEvents SelectionChanging="wdtCoType_SelectionChanging" SelectionChanged="wdtCoType_SelectionChanged" />
<DataBindings>
<ig:DataTreeNodeBinding DataMember="SqlDSCategory_DefaultView" KeyField="CATEGORY_ID"
TextField="DESC" ValueField="CATEGORY_ID" />
<ig:DataTreeNodeBinding DataMember="SqlDSBizCat_DefaultView" KeyField="CATEGORY_ID"
TextField="TYPE_DESC" ValueField="TYPE_ID" />
<ig:DataTreeNodeBinding DataMember="SqlDSBizCodes_DefaultView" KeyField="TYPE_ID"
TextField="descr" ValueField="CODE" />
</DataBindings>
</ig:WebDataTree>
</ItemTemplate>
</ig:WebDropDown>
<ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource ID="whds" runat="server">
<DataViews>
<ig:DataView ID="SqlDSCategory_DefaultView" DataMember="DefaultView" DataSourceID="SqlDSCategory" />
<ig:DataView ID="SqlDSBizCat_DefaultView" DataMember="DefaultView" DataSourceID="SqlDSBizCat" />
<ig:DataView ID="SqlDSBizCodes_DefaultView" DataMember="DefaultView" DataSourceID="SqlDSBizCodes" />
</DataViews>
<DataRelations>
<ig:DataRelation ChildColumns="CATEGORY_ID" ChildDataViewID="SqlDSBizCat_DefaultView"
ParentColumns="CATEGORY_ID" ParentDataViewID="SqlDSCategory_DefaultView" />
<ig:DataRelation ChildColumns="TYPE_ID" ChildDataViewID="SqlDSBizCodes_DefaultView"
ParentColumns="TYPE_ID" ParentDataViewID="SqlDSBizCat_DefaultView" />
</DataRelations>
</ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource>
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDSBizCodes" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:JNJ GTW %>"
SelectCommand="select bc.TYPE_ID, bc.CODE + space(3) + bc.[DESC] as descr , bc.CODE
from dbo.bizcodes bc
order by BC.[ORDER]"></asp:SqlDataSource>
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDSBizCat" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:JNJ GTW %>"
SelectCommand="select ct.CATEGORY_ID , ct.TYPE_DESC, ct.TYPE_ID
from dbo.BIZ_CATEGORY_TYPE ct"></asp:SqlDataSource>
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDSCategory" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:JNJ GTW %>"
SelectCommand="SELECT [DESC], CATEGORY_ID FROM CATEGORY AS ca WHERE (CODE = 1)"></asp:SqlDataSource>

I need to accomplish the following : dynamically assign connection strings instead of the one macro substituted in templates.

In regular drop downs I just remove ConnectionString rom the component mark up and put into the Page_Init  the following expression:

SqlDSBizCodes.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings[_sessionTDUToken.dbConnectionName].ConnectionString;

It works everywhere except this particular component.. If I remove  all three ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:JNJ GTW %>" and put three ConfigurationManager expression into Page_Init  it blows up with : "The ConnectionString property has not been initialized." 

Would you advise how to dynamically change reference to the connection string in this particular scenario.. again the method works for all other WebDropDown(s) 

Thanks.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Michael,

I have been looking into your question and after an investigation I could say that the Page_Init event is emitted too early and there is no guarantee that the controls have been created yet. Having this in mind, my assumption is that this could cause the described error.

An approach I could suggest is to set the ConnectionString later - for example in the OnInit event on WebDropDown.

Attached could be found my sample for your reference. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves. If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Regards,

Aleksandar Atanasov,

Infragistics.

SQLConnectionString.zip

Reply Children
No Data