Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Iinfragistics controls are not recognised using QTP 10.0 + TestAdvantage softwares.
posted

Hi ,

I am facing some problem in my project with HP Quick Test Professional 10.0 and TestAdvantage.

There are lot of infragistics controls in our application and QTP 10.0 is not recognizing these controls.

I have installed Licensed version of NetAdvantage 2010 Vol 1. I also have Licensed version of

TestAdvantage for Windows Forms 2007 V2. But I have downloaded trail version of TestAdvantage

2010 Vol 1 from Infragistics and installed it.

I am using QTP 10.0 version

Thank you and Regards,

Sandeep.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I would verify that QTP is configured to the correct version of TestAdvantage for the application under test(AUT). So if the AUT is built with NetAdvantage 10.1 controls, QTP must be configured with TestAdvantage 10.1.

When you install TestAdvantage, you also install a VersionUtility, that can be found via the Start Menu. You can select the appropriate version via that utility, and it should automatically configure QTP for the version that you select.

If that doesn't work you may want to verify that the swfconfig.xml file that it modifies in $QTPInstallDirectory\dat\ verify that the entries in that file are pointing to the TestAdvantage DLL's of the version that you want to utilize.

Next you may want to verify that your application is built against the NetAdvantage controls that you believe they are. You can verify that by installing Process Explorer, a free utility from Microsoft. Start your application, open the window that has NetAdvantage controls on it, start ProcessExplorer, it will list all the running processes. Find your application, highlight it, switch the lower pane view to display loaded dll's (Ctrl+D), sort by Name by clicking on the Name column header. Scroll down to find what if any Infragistics dll's are loaded. Make sure that the NetAdvantage dll's that are loaded in you AUT correspond to a similar version of TestAdvantage that are referenced in the swfconfig.xml.

I hope that helps,

Children
No Data