Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
QTP not identifying Infragistic TA 9.2 dot net application when launched thro Vb script
posted

Hi,

I am working with QTP 10 installed in TA 9.2 in my machine. It his identifying the application when run it manually but due to batch running process we trigger QTP through vb script

Set oQTP = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application") and we are making sure all the add-ins are loaded by using the below code

aAddins = oQTP.GetAssociatedAddinsForTest(sDriver)

and loading all the required add-ins for the test. then when i launch my application thro QTP and try to operate on it, the objects are identified as Window and win objects instead of Swfwindow and swf controls. This does not happen if I open QTP manually and run the same test. Kindly provide resolution for this thank you.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

The behavior you are seeing indicates that either the .NET Add-In isn't loaded or maybe that you are doing low level recording. 

Since the Window is being recognized as Window rather than SwfWindow, I would expect the same results if you were to disable TestAdvantage and perform the same test again.  Please test this and if you find that the same result occurs, you should contact HP support for this issue as the issue is with loading the HP .NET Add-In.

If you find that the behavior is different with TestAdvantage disabled, please provide me with a script demonstrating more of what you are doing that I can run to test this on my end.  The script that you provide me should work with one of the samples that come with TestAdvantage.  On Windows XP, the samples are found in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Infragistics\TestAdvantage for Windows Forms (HP) 2009.2\Samples\

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Sincerely,
    Alan
    Developer Support Supervisor
    Infragistics
    www.infragistics.com/support

posted in reply to Alan Halama

hi,

• we are not doing low level recodring, all the objects are identified by swfname as  unique property and present in object repository.

-

-

• I disabled TA through version utility and tried to identify the applicaitons present in the below path "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Infragistics\TestAdvantage for Windows Forms (HP) 2009.2\Samples\ " everything is displayed as window instead of swf window. either my normal method of opening QTP manually or using vb script method of Set oQTP = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")  .

hope this comparision will prove that infragistic dlls are not loaded properly if Set oQTP = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")   method of lauching QTP and nothing to do with dot net add-in so pls let me know any resolution for this. thank you.

Reply Children
No Data