Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Not able to run TestAdvantage samples
posted

Hi,

I'm using QTP 10 (fresh installation, with .NET add-in installed and loaded) with TestAdvantage 9.2CLR2.0 (licensed version).

When I tried to run the samples, e.g. "WinEditors Within WinGrid", it failed to run, with the following Run Error:

Cannot identify the object "WinEditors Within WinGrid" (of class SwfWindow). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (22): "SwfWindow("WinEditors Within WinGrid").Maximize".

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Xyin,

That particular error is not one we throw but one QuickTest Professional throws, so I am unsure of all the circumstances that it could be thrown. But it would seem that the window that it is looking for which is the sample application is not being found. My first question would be did the application open. If it didn't then there is part of your answer, find the application, it should be close to where you found the script, and run it, if when you run it the script runs, then that was the cause of your problem. As to why it didn't find it, did you run only part of the script, ie skip the file load. Did you do a non-standard installation, in where the sample app may not have been in the expected location?

If on the other hand it did open, are you running on a 64-bit machine? As stated in more depth in this post QTP doesn't fully support 64 bit apps, prior to the release of TestAdvantage 10.1 you need to convert the app so that it runs as 32 bit, instructions are in the previously linked post.

Let me know if that helps,

Children
No Data