Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
general run error while setting an object
posted

Hi,

I am using QTP 9.5,  Test Advantage - 8.1 CLR 2.0(2008 vol1, clr 2), NetAdvantage  - Version 8.1

I am having this strange issue:

I am assigning a swftree object to a variable, code:

Set objTreeView1 = SwfWindow("lnqa -- lnqa(1.08.28)").SwfObject("GroupHosts").SwfTreeView("groupTreeView").object

The issue is at times the code works without any problem, though at times it throws the General Run Error at the same line.

In the end of the function I am trying to release the object by calling,

Set objTreeView1 = Nothing

Do you have any suggestions, though i know this is an unknown error, thrown by QTP when it doesn't know what is worng. Still if I am doing something wrong then please let me know.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello,

Getting the object for the SwfTreeView shouldn't be affected by TestAdvantage.  The object itself is provided by the .NET Add-In.

Have you tested what happens when getting the object with TestAdvantage disabled?  If not, I would recommend doing this to see if the behavior is changing.  You can disable TestAdvantage by using the Version Utility from the Start Menu.

Let me know if you get the same behavior with TestAdvantage disabled.

Alan

Children
No Data