Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Offlline on the mac on Office 365 not working
posted

Hi,

the whole point of purchasing Shareplus Pro for Mac was to have a simple interface to work offline.  I set up syncing as documented.  All down-arrows are green.  I double-click the icon (not the file name) to launch Word.  Works nicely when online.  Can't connect to server when offline.  All green means all cached, right?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Jean

Parents
    posted

More on the workflow that remains a puzzle:

I see that if I double-click the document's icon, it runs the default command, which is to open from the server, which doesn't work if I'm offline.  Right-click and the 2nd command is "open from local".  OK.  Why isn't THAT the default when double-clicking while offline.  So I do that.  Make a change to the doc.  Can't save it because it's read-only.  In other words, I CANNOT WORK OFFLINE with this product.  Or am I missing something?  Somebody?  Bueller?

If you tell me I have to save it under a different name, that's not an answer that makes sense.

On Windows, Office 365 comes w/ Skydrive Pro which makes all this transparent.  Why isn't there a Mac product like that?  Why isn't THIS product like that?  Users, particularly Mac users who get their food chewed for them by the machine, cannot deal w/ the mechanics of "what mode am I in?", "where is my file right now?", etc.  Why not have a local folder dedicated to mirroring the remote repository, like, say, Dropbox and the likes?

Somebody?

Jean

p.s. what's w/ the "tags" fields in this forum?  No matter what word I enter, I'm told it's not a tag.  What about a list of what IS a tag handy, then?

Reply Children
No Data