Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid Error when adding DateTimeColumn
posted

I get a strange exception when I add a bound column of this type to my app.

(I just used the wizard to create a sample app from VS2013 then added the grid)

Interestingly, from the debugger if I tell it to re-run the highlighted line that threw the error, then everything proceeds with no problem and the grid shows the control with the correct date.  (screenshot attached).

If I change it from a datetime column to a text column I get no error.

Greg

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Greg,

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing. I created a XamGrid with our WinRT controls in Windows 8 and no exception was thrown. The exception you are getting is generally thrown when you have multiple columns with the same key.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 14.1.20141.2082 in Infragistics for Windows UI 2014 Volume 1.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one. 

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Developer Support I
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamGridBugTest.zip
Reply Children
No Data