Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell formatting in XamGrid
posted

Hi,

I  have a masterdetail  grid for which I  need to apply a gradient of background colours for the detail as well as particular columns in the master grid.

I tried using ThreeColorConditionalFormatting for it, but the colour shown as the cell background wasn’t really a representation of the colour between the maximum and minimum values.

As show in the attached example the weight column in the master has a value of 16. And I need the colour of this cell to be represented by where it lies between the maximum and the minimum weight.

But it always shows me a green colour.

I also tried using the Cellcontrolattached event and having my own gradient generator to set the back colour but in the case of a large dataset the scrolling doesn’t reflect the colour and a grey background appears.

Is there any other way of achieving this?

SilverlightApplication10.zip
Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi, 

Yes, you can achieve this with a CustomConditionalFormatRule. 

Basically, you just need a way of setting the Median, Maxium and Minimum values for the Rule, as you can't do them through a binding. 

Probably the simplest way to do this, is through deriving your own ThreColorScaleConditionalFormatRule

Just follow the steps below: 

1. Derive from ThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRule:

public class CustomThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRule : ThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRule

{

protected override IConditionalFormattingRuleProxy CreateProxy()

{

return new CustomThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRuleProxy() { Median = this.MedianValue, Maximum = this.MaximumValue, Minimum = this.MinimumValue };

}

}

2. Derive from ThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRuleProxy (this is the workhorse that performs all of the logic, here, we'll need to set the Median, Maximum, and Minimum values before we execute:

public class CustomThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRuleProxy : ThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRuleProxy

{

public double? Median

{

get { return this.MedianValue; }

set { this.MedianValue = value; }

}

public double? Maximum

{

get { return this.MaximumValue; }

set { this.MaximumValue = value; }

}

public double? Minimum

{

get { return this.MinimumValue; }

set { this.MinimumValue = value; }

}

protected override Style EvaluateCondition(object sourceDataObject, object sourceDataValue)

{

if (sourceDataValue == null)

{

return null;

}

Summary summary = sourceDataObject as Summary;

if (summary != null)

{

this.MaximumValue = summary.MaxWeight;

this.MinimumValue = summary.Minweight;

IQueryable q = summary.Students.AsQueryable();

SummaryContext sc = SummaryContext.CreateGenericSummary(typeof(Student), "Weight", LinqSummaryOperator.Average);

this.MedianValue = Convert.ToDouble(sc.Execute(q), CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

this.GenerateLineEquations();

}

return base.EvaluateCondition(sourceDataObject, sourceDataValue);

}

}

3. Use this Rule instead of the in the box ThreColorScaleRule:

<infragistics:TextColumn Key="OurWeight" Width="*" IsSortable="True" IsSorted ="Ascending">

<infragistics:TextColumn.ConditionalFormatCollection>

<local:CustomThreeColorScaleConditionalFormatRule  MaximumColor="Salmon" MedianColor="#FFD6C347" MinimumColor="#FF76D264" MaximumValue="{Binding RowData.MaxWeight}" MinimumValue="{Binding RowData.Minweight}"/>

</infragistics:TextColumn.ConditionalFormatCollection>

Hope this helps, 

-SteveZ

Reply Children
No Data