Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebCombo give error "Input string was not in a correct format" and UltraWebNavigator (web menu) issue- V 8.3
posted

I have an asp.net web application in visual studio 2008 and using Infragistics version 8.3.

Application is running fine on my development machine (Window XP, IIS6)

But When I deployed the web application (by using publish) on client side on window 10 and window 7, application start misbehave 

I am facing following two major issues:

All the web pages which has Infragistics WebCombo control  (Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.WebCombo") start giving error on page loading “Input string was not in a correct format”

I have checked the culture setting, date format of my development machine (where it work fine) and client machine are same.

And the second issue:

I am Using infragistics web menu (Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebNavigator"). On client machines which are window 10 and window 7 only zero index means first menu option working on mouse over (that it expand) while all the other menu become disable/readonly and nothing happen on mouse over.

Please keep in mind that application is working fine on window xp and using from a long time.

Also can you confirm that Infragistics version 8.3. (I know its very old version) is compatible with window 10 and window 7 with latest chrome and IE.

Following is the exception:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Source: 
mscorlib

Stack Trace: 
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) at Infragistics.WebUI.WebCombo.WebCombo.getRenderer() at Infragistics.WebUI.WebCombo.WebCombo.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The WebCombo and UltraWebNavigator were only supported in IE and Firefox when they were supported and 2008 Volume 2 would have been supported in the current version of those browsers 10 years ago.  They are not supported or expected to work in any modern web browser.

I did look at the getRenderer method and the way we determine the browser version had a bad assumption that broken after browser versions hit 10 and greater.  I am not sure exactly when it was fixed though I know that was fixed in 2011 Volume 1 which is the last volume of our toolset that contained the WebCombo and UltraWebNavigator controls.  I recommend you upgrade to that volume to get a fix for this specific issue.  If you don't have a key for 2011 Volume 1, you would need to purchase the latest volume and request a back key from sales@infragistics.com.  Once you have a 2011 Volume 1 key registered to your account the version can be downloaded from the my keys and downloads page.

Note that this will give you better support for later versions of IE up to IE 10 and newer versions of Firefox up to those released in 2012 and older.  If you really need support for chrome, the best approach is to rewrite the application with either our Ignite UI for JavaScript controls or the latest volume of our Ultimate UI for ASP.NET controls as our current toolset is supported in Chrome and IE on Windows 10.  Both toolsets are included in Infragistics Ultimate.

Note that Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP on April 8th of 2014 and you should upgrade your operating system to Windows 7 or newer.  Microsoft has more details on the Windows XP End of Support page.

Children
No Data