Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Facing issue while applying default grouping in IgrDataGrid.
posted

Hi

I want a small clarification on one of the use case related to IgrDataGrid (https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-react/react/components/grids/data-grid/overview).

I have used IgrDataGrid, in that I want to apply default grouping , so whenever we open the grid , default grouping should be there.

Case1: When we apply grouping manually then grouping bar is there ,  but as we wanted default grouping so we don't want the grouping bar.

Case2: If we apply default grouping with multiple columns then we wanted that it should be grouping inside grouping. 

So, for this I need to know how can we achieve that , If there is any solution for this please suggest  as I need to implement this in my IgrDataGrid.   

Hoping for a positive response.

Thanks!!!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Shubham,

I have been investigating into the behaviors you are looking to achieve in this case, and I have some information for you. I will answer your cases in the order they were asked.

Case 1: If you do not wish to have the grouping bar in the IgrDataGrid, you can set the isGroupByAreaVisible property of the grid to false.

Case 2: To have a hierarchical grouping structure with multiple groups, you can set the groupHeaderDisplayMode property of the grid to “Split.”

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data