Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom sort for IgrColumnSortDescription
posted

Hi,

I'm using the IgrColumnSortDescription on a column which has value 'High', 'Medium' and 'Low'. I'd like to override the default sorting so it's not lexicographic sort.

Would you please provide an example?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Yunhan,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are looking to achieve in this case, and the best recommendation I can make here is to use an IgrTemplateColumn where you can provide a template that will show the values of “High”, “Medium” and “Low.” The field that you have this column bound to will have something that would sort these values into the order that you would want them to sort to, since the underlying cell value is what will be sorted on. For example, in the background, you could have a value of 1, 2, or 3, where 1 = High, 2 = Medium, and 3 = Low, but the template that you provide would only show the text value.

I am attaching a sample project to demonstrate the above.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

column-sorting.zip

Children
No Data