Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Uncaught error on infragistics.xml.js
posted

Hi,

I tried to simple copy and paste your sample about Client side Excel library overview on a local environment.

I did different tests:

• referring your latest cdn files (as in the online sample)
  • referring local files with loader (IG 2014.2 version)
  • referring local files directly (ig 2014.2 version)

When I click on the export button and the whole procedure starts I always get the same error you can see here: Error. It is related to an uncaught error in infragistics.xml.js...

But, why is it strange? Because if I reclick, the whole procedure does not return that error again. So, I try to debug a little and I found the following line:

var workbook = new $.ig.excel.Workbook($.ig.excel.WorkbookFormat.excel97To2003);

to be the reason of this error.
$.ig.excel.WorkbookFormat.excel97To2003 is right (I can see it is a sort of enumerable property, and also changing it, it is always correctly found.
The  new $.ig.excel.Workbook(...) generates the error I described.
Working wiht Google Chrome developer tools console, I was able to see that:

1. var workbook = new $.ig.excel.Workbook($.ig.excel.WorkbookFormat.excel97To2003) generates error
  2. var workbook = new $.ig.excel.Workbook($.ig.excel.WorkbookFormat.excel97To2003) done for the second time does not generates error

It seems like it has to be initialized first or something, but I am not able to understand how. And, other thing, what's the main difference between your sample and mine? Note that I just created a simple html page, in which I exactly copied and pasted your sample, so...
Thanks in advance
Flavio M.
Parents Reply Children
No Data