Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igHierarchicalGrid OData lazy loading with only necessary expansion indicators
posted

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to achieve the following thing :
- I d'like to keep the lazy loading of the hierarchical grid but I don't want to have the expandable indicator if there is no child row beneath.

- One way to achieve that would be that each expansion loads asynchronously the children and the  grandchilden of the expanded row and this for any level of the hierarchical grid.

Is it possible to do so and if yes is it the right way to do it or is there another way to do it ?

Thank you.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Vincent,

After investigating this further, I have determined that if the initialDataBindDepth property is not set the expand indicators for the empty child grids are not displayed, however, in order to load the data on demand this property should be set to the grid.

Additionally, the igHierarchicalGrid does not have information regarding its children and whether they have any rows. The information could be accessed if the children are expanded and then collapsed when the igHierarchicalGrid has rendered, however, this is blocking the load on demand of the igHierarchicalGrid.

Please let me know if you need any further information regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Monika Kirkova,
    Infragistics

Children
No Data