Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
findNodesByText does not find text with a single quote in it
posted

When a igTree node (version 2017.2) contains text with a single quote in it, the method 'findNodesByText' does not succeed in finding this node.  All other nodes that have no single quote are found successfully.

Example of a node:

<li class="ui-igtree-node ui-igtree-node-nochildren" data-path="23_0_3" data-value="" data-role="node"><a class="onfamilyclick ui-corner-all ui-state-hover ui-state-focus ui-state-active" href="/Catalogus/SearchGroupFam/?GroupNr=71&amp;FamNr=4&amp;Selection=0" style="background-color: rgb(226, 35, 26); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">AIRCO'S</a></li>

code:

var textToFind = "AIRCO'S";

var nodesFound = $("#igTree").igTree("findNodesByText", textToFind);  <-- nodesFound.length is 0 !

I was able to trace it to the infragistics.ui.tree.js module where the following jquery 'find' command is executed (I have put some space between the quotes and double quotes for clarity):

parent.find(" li > a:contains(' " + text + " ')")

if I use switch the quotes/double quotes around, the node with the single quote is found:

parent.find(' li > a:contains(" ' + text + ' ")')

Is this a bug ?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi, Peter.

I've made one error in the sample that I've sent you. I've used the wrong tree id and this was the reason to have incorrect result coming from the findNodesByText method. Here I have corrected it and you can see that the method is working correctly, even the search text is containing apostrophe. Can you modify it so that the problem you are talking is reproducible? Thank you in advance for the cooperation!

Best regards,

Nikolay Alipiev

Software Developer

Children
No Data