Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Column Fixing and Paste from Excel
posted

Hi,

I have grid in which 1 column (say A) if fixed and rest are not (B,C,....). I have implemented the paste from excel and followed the example. But I could see the indexes are different. For column A, it is 0 and for the columns (B,C...)  are again starting from 0. So, the pasting is not working as expected. Can anyone suggest any solution?

Thanks

Indra

Parents Reply
    Offline posted in reply to Indra Naga

Hello Indra,

Thank you for your follow-up message!

After looking into your question, what I could say is that if you have used the step-by-step guide and sample demo in our Implementing Paste from Excel in igGrid topic here as a reference for implementing this functionality, then this topic aims to demonstrate a possible approach on how to implement paste from Excel with the igGrid control.

It is fully implemented on the application level and is not explicitly intended to work for all possible scenarios, such as copying and pasting the data for a certain column from Excel. This may require additional configuration which should be handled entirely by the developer on the application level.

However, I have tested the described behavior with the previously attached sample, and, on my side, I am not able to reproduce it.

This could be observed in the attachment below:

Attached could be found a working sample with the newly added configuration from my previous message.

Additionally, in case you continue to experience this behavior, please note that this does not seem directly related to our controls and is more related to custom implementation and could be considered beyond the scope of Infragistics Support.

Sincerely,
    Riva Ivanova
    Associate Software Developer

1563.paste-from-Excel-to-igGrid.zip

Children
No Data