Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
starting new project
posted

How do I choose between Angular Schematics CLI  vs Ignite UI CLI .. 

Ignite UI for Angular Schematics are available as a collection that can be used with the Angular CLI.
They offer similar core Ignite UI CLI functionality, but one that's integrated with the Schematics workflow
and focused specifically on this product.

What is the 'this product' the text refers to ?  Basically which CLI to choose .. it says both have similar core functionality what would be criteria to choose one vs another

Thanks.

Parents Reply
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted in reply to Michael Seidel

Hello Michael,

Thank you for following up!

I have been looking into your additional question and what I can say is that the @igniteui/angular-schematics package is listed under devDependencies in the package.json file and the spacified version is the one that is installed.

Additionally, in order to check if there are any available updates, as mentioned in our Update Guide here, you should run the ng update command which will analyze your application and available updates for its packages.

If there are any available updates, they will be listed similar to the following:

We analyzed your package.json, there are some packages to update:

Name                                                        Version                                      Command to update
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      @angular/cli                                           17.0.3 -> 17.1.1                       ng update @angular/cli
      @angular/core                                      17.0.4 -> 17.1.1                        ng update @angular/core
      @igniteui/angular-schematics       17.0.1302 -> 17.1.1314        ng update @igniteui/angular-schematics
      @infragistics/igniteui-angular        17.0.8 -> 17.0.11                     ng update @infragistics/igniteui-angular

In this case, as suggested by the analyzer, the command to update the @igniteui/angular-schematics package is ng update @igniteui/angular-schematics.

Please let me know if you need any further information on the matter.

Sincerely,
    Riva Ivanova
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data