Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IGX grid - SVG icons are flickering in icon column while grid update and re render
posted

Hi Team,

We have recently migrated from Angular 14 to 17. We have IGX grid with SVG icon columns, when we update the input value we are updating the grid data.While updating any input value in grid we coluld see the entire grid is re rendering and the icons are flickering. Kindly let us know if any ways to stop the icons from re-rendering on every input change.

Regards,

Vijay V

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Vijay, 

I believe that you are on the right track and updating the data on every change input change might be causing the issue with re-rendering, especially if the SVG icons are loaded from the data source of the grid.

Could you please let me know which events are you using to update the grid? 

Could you also share the markup and code for the grid so I can try to replicate your scenario? 

An additional suggestion, would be to consider using the batch editing of the grid, which uses the transaction service of the grid and allows the user to make multiple changes in different rows without committing them, being able to undo, redo and commit all of the changes.

It would also be ideal if you could share a small Stackblitz sample that demonstrates the issue, please try to remove any code and external dependencies that are not directly related to the issue. 

Having a working sample on my side, which I can debug, is going to be very helpful in finding the root cause of this behavior. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,
    Ivan Kitanov

Children
No Data