Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Igx-grid in cell edit mode cursor goes beginning of the value in number field
posted

Hi Team,

I did angular migration from v14 to v17. In igx grid cell enters edit mode, the cursor goes to the beginning of the value, I want it to be end. All number field it is happening sometimes. Please give me solution. Thanks.

Offline posted

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics Community!

In the IgxGrid with cell/row editing enabled, when entering edit mode by default the entire cell value text is selected:

This design is adopted with the presumption that most users wish to edit the entire value directly. This also allows users to choose which position they would want to place the cursor at by pressing either the "up/left" or "down/right" arrow keys, in case they would like to edit the value instead of entirely replacing it. Please, check out the below gif:

This is valid for the different data types, including “number”.

Consequently, could you please clarify what is meant by “All number field it is happening sometimes”?

Since the described by you is not the default behavior, I am afraid we will need some more information to be able to assist you further. Please, share any relevant steps to reproduce and possibly code-snippets.

Ideally, please fork and modify any of our documentation demos in StackBlitz, for instance this one from the Cell Editing topic in our documentation. Make sure to include only the minimal relevant code to reproduce the behavior.

Please, note that in case the behavior cannot be reproduced in an isolated sample app, this would indicate that it is only present on application level and has to be addressed there.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer