Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igx-grid column resizable property does not work correctly
posted

The resizable property in the column does not work correctly when set to false.

By experimentation, the property appears to be applied to the next column, not the one it is specified

This can be easily reproduced by modifying the standard column resizing example in this page: https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/grid/column-resizing,

If you set the last column's resizable property to false, you can still resize the last column.

<igx-column
      [field]="'TrackProgress'"
      [header]="'Track Progress'"
      [resizable]="false"
    ></igx-column>

If you set the last 2 columns resizable property to false then you cannot resize the last column but you can now resize the previous one.

<igx-column
      [field]="'TopSpeed'"
      [header]="'Top Speed'"
      [resizable]="false"
    ></igx-column>
    <igx-column
      [field]="'TrackProgress'"
      [header]="'Track Progress'"
      [resizable]="false"
    ></igx-column>

I am using the drag bar to the left of the column header to perform the resize operation.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question and tested the behavior with the mentioned sample. What I could say is that if the last column is not resizable, dragging the indicator on the left side is actually resizing the column before this one, which is resizable. This could be observed by handling the grid's columnResized event that gives you details about which column is resized:

So, in this scenario, the last column width is changed because the previous column is resized and since the column width is not set it will automatically take the available space in the grid. In order to prevent this, what I could suggest is to set a proper width to the column.

A small sample that demonstrates this can be found here. Please test it on your side and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Software Developer

Children
No Data