Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I have a route add the component to the dock manager as a new tab?
posted

I found this post about how to add a tab dynamically.  However, it just adds an empty tab, no component or anything in it.  I have a dockmanager with a navigator in the left pane and tabs in the middle.  However, right now, when I click a menu link on the left, all I get is 1 tab with the content for that menu item/

1)  Is it possible to have a route interceptor add the component for that path as a new tab in the main documenthost tab ?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Patty,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support!

The forum post reply you mention is based on the documentation demo about Adding Panes At Runtime. For such panes, the content is identically defined in slots in the template and the target slot name is assigned as the contentId property of each pane.

The demo’s panes actually include content, be it a simple text one. You are free to define whatever content in these slots, including other components. For instance, here is a custom sample that adds a dynamic content pane with an IgxTreeGrid on initialization.

Regarding your question about route interceptors, I am not sure if that is related to the above query and I am afraid I am not familiar with how routing is setup and how would that be related to the dock manager’s layout in your application. Usually, HTTP interceptors in Angular, if that is what you are referring to, are used to interfere with the http requests/responses, so I am not convinced I fully understand the requirement.

So, it will be hidhgly appreciated if you could elaborate on your setup by providing more details. Ideally, please, fork and modify the StackBlitz sample in order to demonstrate your routing configuration code and what you are currently attempting.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data