Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customising Grid Pinning Toolbar
posted

I would like to use the igx-grid-toolbar-pinning component so that the user can manually select which columns they'd like pinned.  This almost works perfectly except that the grid has hidden columns that shouldn't appear in the list of options.  Is there a way that the list can be changed to only show unhidden columns?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question and an approach I could suggest is to use the columns' disablePinning property and set it depending on the column's hidden state. This way the columns with disabled pinning would not be displayed in the pinning list.

In order to calculate which columns should be displayed initially, my suggestion is to handle the grid's columnInit event and if you are changing the visibility of the columns runtime - columnVisibilityChanged event.

A small sample that demonstrates my suggestion could be found here.

Please test it on your side and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Software Developer

Children
No Data