Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Igx-grid: Batch editing on igx-select
posted

Hello, I have an igx grid with Excel filtering and batch editing active. One of the columns contains an igx-select from which the user can select a value.

When I filter this column (that contains an igx-select element), then change a value from the shown filtered list, and then undo those changes, the new value I selected from the igx-select list is not reverted, but assigned to a different row. And I only want to undo the changes.

When I edit a value of another column (that does not have a igx-select) the value is set up correctly. and the undo action also works fine. So I assume the problem is in the igx-select. Is it possible to use the igx-select on a filtered list and to undo the changed value correctly?

Here are my redo and undo buttons

<div class="buttons-wrapper">

<button igxButton style="margin-top: 40px; margin-left: 0px;" [disabled]="!grid1.transactions.canUndo" (click)="undo()">
        <igx-icon>undo</igx-icon>
      </button>

<button igxButton style="margin-left: 0px;" [disabled]="!grid1.transactions.canRedo" (click)="redo()">
        <igx-icon>redo</igx-icon>
      </button>
    </div>

This is my igx-grid:

<igx-grid igxPreventDocumentScroll
            #grid1
            igxOverlayOutlet
            [height]="'97%'"
            width="99%"
            [pinnedColumnsText]="'pinned'"
            [batchEditing]="true"
            [autoGenerate]='false'
            [data]="sqlData"
            [primaryKey]="'lot'"
            [showToolbar]="true"
            [allowFiltering]="true"
            [columnHiding]="true"
            [rowHeight]="20"
            filterMode="excelStyleFilter"
            (cellEditDone)="cellEditDoneHandler($event)"
            (activeNodeChange)="handleChange()"
            [clipboardOptions]="copyOptions">

<igx-column width="120px" field="department" dataType="string" header="Department" [resizable]="true" [editable]="false" [sortable]="true" [movable]="true" [cellClasses]="greenRowLotClass">
      <ng-template igxCell let-cell="cell" let-val>
        <div [ngClass]="[cell.row.deleted?'upfont' : 'drop-down-grid']">

<igx-select #selectDepartment
                      placeholder="Wähle Abteilung"
                      [overlaySettings]="overlaySettings"
                      [ngClass]="[cell.row.deleted?'upfont' : 'drop-down-grid']"
                      [(ngModel)]="cell.value">
            <igx-select-item style="font-size: 12px;" *ngFor="let item of dropDownDepartmentAdmin" [value]="item">
              {{ item }}
            </igx-select-item>
          </igx-select>

</div>
      </ng-template>

<ng-template igxCell let-cell="cell">
        <div [ngClass]="[cell.row.deleted?'upfont' : 'text-cell']">{{cell.value}}</div>
        <button class="action-button" [ngClass]="[cell.row.deleted?'grey-button-deleted-row' : 'black-button-edit-cell']" igxButton="icon" [disabled]="cell.row.deleted" (click)="editSelectedData(cell.id.rowID,cell.column.field, cell.value)">
          <igx-icon class="action-icon">edit</igx-icon>
        </button>
      </ng-template>
    </igx-column>

</igx-grid>

And here are my undo and redo functions in the .ts file:

public undo() {
    this.grid1.endEdit(true);
    this.grid1.transactions.undo();
  }

public redo() {
    this.grid1.endEdit(true);
    this.grid1.transactions.redo();
  }

I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Parents Reply
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted in reply to Silvia Ivanova

Hello Silvia,

I have been looking into your question and the igx-select component allows a single selection from a predefined list of items, placed in a dropdown. It selects one of several options provided by the dropdown list and by design does not offer the possibility to write and add your own text in the igx-select component. A new item could be added to the item list, but this will also affect all other selects in the other cells of the igx-grid component, so it will simply add new item to the igx-select component.

What I could suggest as an additional approach is to add a new option to the list of the igx-select component, which should have the value "Other". After that, the selectionChanging event of the igx-select will be handled and when the given new option with value "Other" is selected, an igx-dialog component will be opened.

public handleSelection(event){
        if(event.newSelection.value === "Other"){
          this.dialog.open();
        }
      }

In this igx-dialog component we will create a form with a label and an input where the user can type the given value, and this value with two way data binding will be taken for further processing according to your custom logic.

<igx-dialog #dialog>
    <form class="signInForm">
        <igx-input-group>
            <igx-prefix>
                <igx-icon>person</igx-icon>
            </igx-prefix>
            <label igxLabel for="departament">Departament</label>
            <input igxInput type="text" [(ngModel)]="departament" name="departament"/>
        </igx-input-group>
    </form>

<div igxDialogActions>
        <button igxButton="raised"  (click)="getDepartament()">OK</button>
    </div>
    </igx-dialog>

The described scenario could be observed here:

In addition, I have prepared small sample illustrating this behavior which could be found here. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves.

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics

Children
No Data