Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Local Cert - Licensed version
posted

Hello
In my project, we've just recently upgraded to version 13 of IgniteUI and Dockmanager (licensed versions).

However, we're having trouble getting IgniteUI and Dockmanager to install using npm install.
My organization has gone for the .npmrc style authentication and we're using access tokens to authenticate to the private npm feed.

However. When running npm install, I'm getting the error:
"UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOCALLY".
request to https://packages.infragistics.com/npm/js-licensed/@infragistics%2figniteui-dockmanager failed, reason: unable to get local issuer certificate

I'm still unsure of what's causing this problem.
A temporary fix is to run 'npm config set strict-ssl false' which will allow the install go through. However that is not as safe as we would like it to be.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Nebojsa,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have been looking into your question and the “UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOCALLY” error. As you have already tried, executing the “npm config set strict-ssl false” command is the most suggested solution in several StackOverflow threads, such as this one. Since installing the packages with this option set to false runs successfully, this indicates that your credentials, the access tokens are set up correctly.

So, it would seem that this is rather an environment specific behavior, rather than related to the Infragistics licensed feed itself. It might be caused by connection to a VPN as well.

There are other suggested approaches to fixing this, such as specifying extra certificates as described in this answer. What I can suggest at this point is reviewing this behavior with your system administrator.

If you have any other questions or concerns on this matter, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Bozhidara Pachilova
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data