Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Igx Grid - Currency Data Type - Not display currency in Excel Style Filtering
posted

Hello,

I have a currency column that can have multiple currencies. Is there a method by which in excel style filtering menu not appear the currency but only the numerical value? Now, for example, if I have values in USD and EUR  all the values have associated the USD currency which is not exactly correct.

Thanks,

Anca

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Anca,

Thank you for posting in our community.

I have been looking at your question and I have prepared a small sample trying to reproduce the described behavior. An approach I could suggest in order only numeric values to appear in the Excel Style Filtering menu is to set the column dataType to number and use ng-template with CurrencyPipe to display the currencies like the following:

<ng-template igxCell let-cell="cell">
        {{ cell.value | currency}}
    </ng-template>

However, having in mind that the column can have multiple currencies, I could suggest using CurrencyPipe's currencyCode parameter to set the appropriate code.

Here could be found my sample for your reference where I am using a custom method to receive the currency code for each value. Please test it on your side and let me know if you need any further assistance.

If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve, please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce.

Having a sample, which I can debug on my side, will be highly appreciated and extremely helpful for providing you with a solution as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Riva Ivanova
    Entry Level Software Developer

Reply Children
No Data