Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to access template of chips in group area
posted

Hi, 

I am using a pipe in the header of a column to translate the header like this:

<ng-template igxHeader let-column>
     {{ column.header | translate }}
</ng-template>
If i am grouping by this column, the chip in the groupByArea is showing the "pure" column.header.
How can i access the template of the group chips to add the pipe there?
Thanks
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Mario,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Community!

After investigating this matter and doing some research, accessing the IgxGrid’s groupArea has been determined to be a feature request. You can submit feature request in our GitHub repository here.

Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case.

This will give you the opportunity do directly communicate with our development team regarding the issue and get notifications whenever a new information is available.

I would suggest a different approach. You can apply the translate pipe on the igxColumn’s header property the following way:

<igx-column field=”ShipCountry” header=”{{ ‘Ship Country’ | translate }}” [groupable]=”true”…..></igx-column>

The result will be that the igxColumn’s header property would be set already translated and you won’t have to add the pipe for the group chips as well. In addition the igxHeader template won’t be necessary anymore.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best Regards,
    Martin Evtimov
    Entry Level Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data