Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics against Telerik or Developer Express - looking for intormation
posted

Dear all,

Did anyone made a comparison of most popular components/products (WinForms, WPF, ASP) made by Infragistics against Telerik or Developer Express ?
I think question is for user rather to the Infragistics because no one from Infragistics  will write a bad word about Infragistics  (and I understand this).

I am looking for some more detailed information about how good Infragistics is or what I can't do using Infragistics components (and I should know this).

Regards
Piotr

Parents
    posted

I've used Infragistics since 2001 and I have found the controls to be high quality and feature complete. Having said that, I have also used components from the vendors you have mentioned above. When comparing the components side by side feature by feature, Infragistics provides more functionality for the money than the other two. Additionally I like the packaging options provided by Infragistics, the others have thier specific options but in my opinion, they are far less flexible.

Are there issues with the components? sure there are, the only software I've seen without issues is the software that hasn't been written. The folks here listen and make attempts to address issue raised or reported. They've also gone to lengths to reduce the number of releases which adds value because you're not constantly updating versions. It also allows them the oppertuinity to address quality.

The only way you're going to be able to assess the components and see if they fit your needs is to download and use them. Additonally look at forum activity and answers from dev's and PM's or lack of.

Reply Children
No Data