Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filter on Grid dropdown text search not work
posted

Hi,

We are using iggrid, and we apply a formatter.

Grid Column : dropdown list

{ Value: 1T9, Text: "Ferrari" }

{ Value: 1T3, Text: "Porche" }

{ Value: 6H2, Text: "Volvo" }

The value we see is the text. And when we try to filter :

Contain search value: "Fer"

=> Nothing

Contain search value: "1T"

=> Ferrari, Porche

We would like to be able to filter on TEXT that we see on the screen rather than the dropdownlist value.

How to fix that?

Thank you

Offline posted

Hello Cem,

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing. 

I have created a sample application of igGrid with combo and using formatter to get the values in the combo.

Also I am using the same datasouce which is provided by you for the combo list.

When I run the sample, I am able to search combo items by typing text items.  

in the Combo textBox i typed "Fer"

==>Ferrari

typed 1T

==> No result found

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using. 

My test was performed using version 16.2. 

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing. 

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back,

or send a small sample project of your own if you have one. 

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

iggridCombo.zip