Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
wanted: better self learning options
posted

I want better options for learning these controls on my own.These are the issues which I have with this website.

1. Resources are unorganized. If I want to figure something out, I have to check: help.infragistics.com, samples.infragistics.com, the blogs, the forums, the articles, the media. I'd like to have a directory that gives me links to all the resources for the control I am trying to learn.

2. The online samples aren't very helpful. It's nice to go on samples.infragistics.com and see all the things I can do with the Infragistics controls, but the samples are much better for anything than a demo. The code is not well commented, and there is nothing in the markup to indicate the "meat" of the sample. Often times there are small details that are easily missed such as a control property.

Also, it feels like a lot of code is missing. For example, in the sample at: http://samples.infragistics.com/2010.3/WebFeatureBrowser/srcview.aspx?path=WebDataTree/WebDataTreeDataBinding.src&file=WebDataTreeDataBinding.aspx.cs&font=3 there is the line:

new WebTreeDataCommand().SetDataSource(this.WebDataTreeSample, this.SelectedDataSource.DataSource);

but nowhere is the WebTreeDataCommand class defined. These sort of omissions exist all over the samples.

3. The downloadable sample solution is very minimalistic. I just installed the samples from NetAdvantage_ASPNET_20103_Samples.exe , and the solution really doesn't teach me anything that advanced.

It's quite possible that I just haven't learned how to navigate your website/documentation, but I have feeling that I'm not alone with these concerns. Any other customers care to chime in?

Parents Reply Children