Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Managing custom filters after first instance with igGrid
posted

Hello,

In the process of making an Excel-style filtering on an iggrid, I would like to hide or add some custom filter conditions after displaying the grid.

For hiding, I already saw that: https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ignite-ui-for-javascript/97384/iggrid-filter-how-to-hide-filter-menu-condition-options, but is there any way to do so without parsing all the DOM? Isn't there any way to intervene on the custom filter conditions ?

Especially since I'm going to add many filter conditions, I would rather have it in data than in display :)

Another possibility would be to point me to another control that allows excel-style filtering, while allowing hiding columns, sorting, grouping, available in ASP.NET or jQuery.

Thanks !

Parents
    posted

Hello Arthur,

The only way to hide a filter condition from the list is by removing it as a DOM element from the list of filters.

To add a custom filter on initialization there is an igGridFiltering option in the columnSettings called customConditions. I have attached a sample, demonstrating how it is used. You can find more information about this option here. To add a custom filter after initialization the grid has to be destroyed and created again with the new filter, added in its customConditions option.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Ivaylo Hubenov
    Entry-level developer

sample.zip
Reply Children