Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unhandled Exception when trying to run a debug version of Xamarin.Forms UWP with XamDataChart in XAML layout
posted

Hi,

I am creating an App to compare various alternative Xamarin.Forms charting components to overcome the UWP rendering issues I have seen in the current 3rd party component set I utilise. I have installed the Infragistics chart to my .Net Standard 2.0 Xamarin.Forms App and have it running fine on Android. However, when I come and try and debug on UWP, I receive the following unhandled exception.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Infragistics.XamarinForms.Controls.Charts.CategoryXAxis' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Infragistics.XF.Platform.Charts, Version=20.1.20201.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Infragistics.XamarinForms.Controls.Charts.Categor

Could you point me in the right direction as to how to solve this as I cannot seem to be able to overcome the issue and render the chart in UWP. Maybe I am missing a reference etc.

Any help much appreciated. I can send the application in a dropbox link if the above does not help route cause.

Best Regards,

Matt Finch

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Matthew,

The Infragistics for Xamarin toolset currently only supports the Android and iOS platforms – it was unfortunately never extended to work with Xamarin.UWP. As such, we do not support UWP with the Infragistics for Xamarin toolset.

We do have a UWP-preview product, but it is rather doubtful that this will work in a Xamarin environment. You can read about the UWP product here: https://www.infragistics.com/products/uwp.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data