Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
HighlightAlternateRecords behavior with a hierarchical data source: Both 2007.2 and 2008.1
posted

Hi,

I'm using an object data provider for a BindingList collection of objects with a nested BindingList object i.e. 2 level hierarchy.

I've specified HighlightAtlernateRecords = True on the FieldLayoutSettings of the FielLayout for the Parent level of the hierarchy only.

When rendered with the Child level collapsed, the records/rows alternate background colors as one would expect.

When the Parent rows are expanded to show the nested child level, the Parent's background color rendering appears to be controled by the number of records in the preceeding row's Child section (ExpandableFieldRecordPresenter?).  In my example, when the first record is expanded, the second record flips background color, now matching the one above it.

This seems wrong to me.  My understanding, based on the "xamDataGrid Composition Diagram" is that the subordinate records are contained within the  ExpandableFieldRecordPresenter which, in turn, is contained withn the Parent record's DataRecordPresenter.

Attached is a sample project that demonstartes this.  Each parent has the same number of subordinate records and just happens to end up with every Parent record rendered with the same background color when all are expanded.  This would vary with odd and even numbers of subordinate records.

Is this a bug or a feature?

WpfApplication4-2007-2.zip
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello wildough,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and was able to reproduce your behavior with RTM service release of version 7.2. I also tested your sample with the latest service release of ver. 7.2 and it seems like it has been fixed there, so I suggest you download the latest service release for version 7.2. You can get it from our website’s “My IG”, “My Keys & Downloads” tags:

https://www.infragistics.com/Membership/Default.aspx?panel=Downloads#Downloads

Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

If you have any further questions on this matter do not hesitate to ask.

Children
No Data