Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDockManager LoadLayout Throws Exception
posted

Hi There,

The application I support uses Infragistics version 16.1 to save/load layout for XamDockManager. Sometimes when the app tries to load the layout: 

Dim fs As New FileStream(frDockManagerCustomFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)
FinRepEditXamDockManager.LoadLayout(fs, True)
fs.Close()

It throws exception. "Cannot modify the logical children for this node at this time because a tree walk is in progress." or "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute." or IndexOutOfBound.

After looking at the issue, I noticed that when a user modifies a collection in one of the panes, the loadLayout happens for another user.

Looking at the previous posts: https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-wpf/80329/loadlayout-throw-exception

I wonder if a solution has been found for this problem.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Anita,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are reporting in this case, and from the forum thread that you have linked, it is difficult to say whether or not a resolution was found as there was no answer from that customer who raised the other forum, and so it is unlikely that we were able to reproduce the behavior – at least from that forum.

Being that you are using 16.1, and that version has not been supported for quite some time now, I would be curious to know if you are able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing with a version that is currently supported. I encourage you to try downloading a Trial of the latest version of the Infragistics for WPF product or try using it outright if you are registered to it. If you are still able to reproduce the behavior, it would be most helpful if you could provide a sample project that reliably reproduces the issue so that we can look into it and see if we can find a root cause of what may be causing the behavior.

I would also request that you provide a clarification on what you mean by this line: “After looking at the issue, I noticed that when a user modifies a collection in one of the panes, the loadLayout happens for another user.”

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data