Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataChart ErrorBarSettings setting EnableErrorBarsVertical for each series point individual
posted

Hi,

I try to show in a diagram the residua, which result from the method of least squares. With the help of ErrorBarSettings I achieved to draw the residua, but with the EnableErrorBarsVertical property I can only set for all data points, whether the positive or negative vertical error bar is drawn or both. But I don't find out how to set this setting for each data point of the series individual, in order to draw the vertical error at points over the regression line down and at points under the regression line up. 

For example in the following picture, the green down and upper lines from each red point:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methode_der_kleinsten_Quadrate#/media/File:MDKQ1.svg

So my question: Is there a possibilty to set the vertical error bars for each data point individual?

Thanking you in anticipation!

King regards
Ansgar

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Ansgar,

I implemented 2 solutions for rendering custom error bars. Please see attached zip file and make sure you read my comments that explain difference between these 2 solutions. Let me know if you have more questions about DataChart control.

Regards,
    Martin

ChartErrorBars.zip

Reply Children
No Data