Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FilterMenu: Use Return to start Filtering
posted

We are using the FilterMenu to filter data in a XamGrid. After typing a condition value into the textbox of the filtermenu it is not possible to start the filteroperation with the "Return" Key. What is the most efficient way to get this behaviour.

I have attached a sample solution.

GridTestProject.zip
Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Filter TextBox in the xamGrid filter menu doesn’t filter on “Enter” key. In order to achieve the desired behavior you have to create a custom TextBox that would handle also the Enter key.

Add the xamGrid generic style to your project to modify it. The generic style is located in the following folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2016.1\WPF\DefaultStyles\XamGrid\generic.shared.xaml.

Add it as a merged resource dictionary in the page.

Create a custom TextBox extending the FilterTextBox and handling the OnKeyDown event.

Replace the FilterTextBox with the new custom control.

I’ve attached a modified project demonstrating this. Have in mind that this approach modifies the default filtering behavior and is possible to affect the filtering in some way.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

GridProject.zip
Children
No Data