Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
"Method or operation not implemented" exception when setting UltraGrid.DataSource
posted

Hello,

I have inherited an old project that uses version 10.3.20103 of the WinForm controls, and uses data adapters and binding sources to populate the grids. I'm not familiar with the Infragistics code, and am struggling.

I need to add a new UltraGrid, and to ease the pain, I added an Entity Framework model, and used that to get the data instead of the data adapters.

So, I added the new grid to the window, and did the following (abbreviated for clarity)...

grid.DataSource = ctx.Issues
    .Where(i => i.Active)
    .Select(i => new {
      i.ID,
      i.CaseID,
      // other properties removed for clarity...
    })
    .ToList();

...but I got a "Method or operation not implemented" exception at run-time.

Just to check it wasn't the anonymous type that was the problem, I tried the following (Issue is one of the EF-generated entity classes, and is a fairly simple POCO)...

grid.DataSource = new List<Issue> {
    new Issue{ID = 1, CaseID = 1, GeneralDescription = "Jim"},
    new Issue{ID = 2, CaseID = 1, GeneralDescription = "Fred"},
    new Issue{ID = 3, CaseID = 1, GeneralDescription = "Billy"},
  };

However, when I tried this, it hung for a while on this code, and then threw an "Out of memory" exception.

If I do the same with a plain list box, it works fine, so it's not the code that gets the data that's the issue. I'm obviously missing something with the grid here.

Anyone able to help? Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Yossu,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support!

The best way for us to assist you is if you provide a small isolated sample that we can run and use for debugging locally. If you are unable able to provide an isolated sample I may be able to give suggestions if you provide the code for your page.

Also have you tried updating it to the latest version as v10.2 is no longer supported.

Children
No Data