Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Rotate PieView Without Using Gesture
posted

The function I would like to implement is to rotate the pie when a user selects a slice with that slice rotating to the three o'clock position.  I have noticed that rotation is implemented through the pinch gesture, and that there is a startAngle property.  However, I was unable to locate a way to rotate the pie through a method call or non gesture action.  I tried to create a work around by rotating the view that the pie chart is in through my own method and separately the pie chart itself, but I noticed that the pie selection was off.  As in the pie image rotated, but the areas that covered my pie slices were still getting selected by their old location.

I was wondering if there was anyway to invoke the methods used inherently to rotate the pie without using a gesture?  Alternatively, I was wondering if there was a way to rotate the pie chart/parent view with my own method, and then communicate that the pie slices are in new locations? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need any clarification please let me know.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Brett,

Currently each slice start angle is not tracked, which makes the functionality you mentioned not possible. You can rotate the pie chart programmatically by setting its startAngle property. If you'd like to see rotating a slice to a specific angle added to the pie chart, feel free to add the request to our product ideas page.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Children
No Data