Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Crashing Pie charts
posted

Hi,

I find pie charts crashing when the count of the mutable array assigned to the pie charts is large. I have tried to verify this by increasing the size of the mutable array in igPieChartViewController.m, I have observed the following behavior:

• pie chart with legend and input count > 8 crashes 
  • pie chart without legend and input count > 16 crashes

Please help me resolve this issue. In my app I need to create pie charts with slice count as mush as 50.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Laxman,

I created a stress test project this morning that creates 1000 slices and it didn't experience any issues or crashes. I've attached the project to this post for you to take a look at. You'll need to remove the IGChart.framework reference and add your copy of it.

When it comes to the project you have that experienced the issue, pay attention to the error you're seeing in Xcode after the crash. It may provide some insight into some portion of your code that may need a quick fix, or possibly you're forgetting to retain the data array or data source helper.

PieChartStressTest.zip
Reply Children
No Data