Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
"Infragistics2.WebUI.WebSchedule.v6.2 - Keyboard Navigation?
posted

Hi,

We are using "Infragistics2.WebUI.WebSchedule.v6.2 Version=6.2.20062.1060, I can't use Keyboard to navigate date and times to schedule an event.

I tried to put following code,

$("td[class*='igdv_']").keydown(function (e, item) {

if (e.which === 13) { //enter key pressed
$(this).trigger('click');
$(this).trigger('dblclick');
}
});

======

//For get focus to calender, table rows and cols.

$("td[class*='igdv_']").each(function (index, item) {
$(item).attr('TabIndex', 0); //To get focus to td.

so that double click event will be called and it will do "ActivityDialogOpening="EventScheduleInfo_ActivityDialogOpening"". But no luck on it. 

My requirement is, not to use mouse and using the key board, any one should be able to create a event (ADA compliance).

Thanks!

Jai

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Jaikumar,

Thank you for using Infragistics ASP.NET controls!

You can execute your scenario by setting the "EnableKeyboardNavigation" option to "true".

By setting the "EnableKeyboardNavigation" and "TabIndex" options, you can use the keyboard to navigate the control and its elements.

You can navigate the control as follows:

* Pressing the TAB key lets you traverses to the control as a whole, then the control’s navigation buttons, then on to the next control. Using the arrow keys allows you to navigate each day of the control.

* When the focus is on a day header:

- If no appointment is present for the day, pressing the ENTER key launches the Add Appointment dialog box.

- If there are appointments available, pressing the ENTER key lets you traverse down through the list of appointments. You can then use the arrow keys to navigate the focus through the elements of the appointment.

Have in mind that version 6.2 of the product is really old and is not supported. To get advantage of the new features and fixes of the ASP.NET components, I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest version of the product.

I hope my answer will help you in your scenario. If any other questions pop out or in case you need any additional information on this topic - do not hesitate to contact the Infragistics support again!

Thank you once more for using Infragistics ASP.NET!

Best regards,
    Alexander Marinov

Reply Children
No Data