Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to modify specific cell in DataGrid
posted

I am wondering how to modify a specific cell in DataGrid.
Now that we have data binding, we know that we need to modify the value of the property we want to modify.
However, if we summarize the process up to modifying the value,
1. Click the desired cell.
2. The cursor is in the clicked cell.
3. Enter a specific value.
4. Update to a specific value.
I would like to do this course. I don't want to simply change the properties.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are looking to achieve, and it sounds like you are looking to be able to have an “edit mode” on the cells in the Infragistics for Xamarin grid component. Also, can you please confirm whether or not you are using Xamarin.Forms in this case and which control you are using?

Unfortunately, with the current implementation of our mobile toolset(s), there is nothing built-in for editing the grid at this time. The grid in Infragistics for Xamarin is effectively a “display-only” type of control that visualizes the data it is bound to. The only way to currently edit the grid is to do so externally.

If you would like to see an edit mode built-in to the grid, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for this at our Infragistics for Xamarin Ideas Site, here: https://www.infragistics.com/community/ideas/i/ultimate-ui-for-xamarin. This will put you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children
No Data