Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Connecting to Sharepoint behind Forefront server
posted

Hi,

I just bought SharePlus for the Mac and want to connect to a Sharepoint which authentication is managed by MS Forefront.

Unfortunately no authentication method works.

As this kind of functionality is clearly stated as being supported in the Mac App Store I was wondering what needs to be done to get this up and running.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Julian

Parents
    Offline posted

Before you begin, there are a few things you need to know:

TMG has to be deployed in an edge configuration, with at least one network adapter connected to the Internet and configured for the external network in TMG and at least one network adapter connected to the intranet network and configured for the internal network in TMG.

The TMG server has to be a domain member in the Active Directory domain forest that contains your Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 server. The TMG server has to be joined to this domain to use SSL client certificate authentication, which is used for authenticating inbound connections from SharePoint in Microsoft 365.Deploying TMG 2010 for use in a SharePoint Server hybrid environment in a back-to-back configuration is theoretically possible but has not been tested and may not work.

TMG 2010 includes both diagnostic logging and a real-time logging interface. Logging plays an important role in troubleshooting issues with connectivity and authentication between SharePoint Server and SharePoint in Microsoft 365. Identifying the component that is causing a connection failure can be challenging, and TMG logs are the first place you should look for clues. Troubleshooting can involve comparing log events from TMG logs, SharePoint Server ULS logs, Windows Server event logs, and Internet Information Services (IIS) logs on multiple servers.

To know more Microsoft Share Point, you must visit Apps4Rent 

I hope this helps!

Ben Martin

Reply Children
No Data