Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding IsEnabled - Property of a Ribbon - ButtonTool
posted

Hi,

I'm using NetAdvantage_Silverlight_20103.

I'm trying to bind the IsEnabled - Property of the a "ButtonTool" - Button, but it does'n work. (I a earlier Version (I think 20102) this worked...)

It works on Binding a "normal" Button...

<Application.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <AppServices:ARGUSnetDBDomainContext x:Key="MyDomainDataContext" />
        </ResourceDictionary>
    </Application.Resources>
        <ig:XamRibbon x:Name="ApplicationRibbon" Grid.Column="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" IsMinimized="True" >

<!-- Quick Access Toolbar -->
            <ig:XamRibbon.QuickAccessToolbar>
                <ig:QuickAccessToolbar>
                    <ig:QatPlaceholderTool TargetId="btnSave" TargetType="Tool"/>
                    <ig:QatPlaceholderTool TargetId="btnUndo" TargetType="Tool"/>
                </ig:QuickAccessToolbar>
            </ig:XamRibbon.QuickAccessToolbar>
            <!--Add Tabs to XamRibbon -->
            <ig:XamRibbon.ApplicationMenu>
                <ig:XamRibbonApplicationMenu Image="./Resources/Images/16/ARGUS_16.png">
                    <ig:ButtonTool 
                        Caption="Undo" IsQatCommonTool="True" Id="btnUndo" MaximumSize="ImageAndTextLarge"
                        IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource MyDomainDataContext}, Path=HasChanges}"
                        LargeImage="./Resources/Images/32/undo.png"
                        SmallImage="./Resources/Images/16/undo.png"
                        Click="btnUndoClick"   />

Can you please help me?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

This is a bug in the control that we're aiming to fix in the forthcoming service release. Thanks for reporting it!

As a workaround you can set your BindingMode to TwoWay:

IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource MyDomainDataContext}, Path=HasChanges, Mode=TwoWay}"

A colleague of mine advised that in such situations, it's better to have a TwoWay binding.

If, for example, your application opens a ChildWindow, the control will get disabled, and it would break your OneWay binding.

Hope that helps,

Children
No Data