Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Combine timeline + chart
posted

I have a set of tables that I'd like to display using the timeline control with a line or column chart plotting the series values. Each series would have a column containing timeline values, and one or more columns containing datapoint values.

I would like to be able to add a chart to the timeline at the proper start/end dates of the table's timeline values, and plot the datapoints along that chart using line and/or column chart types.

In short, is it possible to lay chart controls onto the timeline control such that they play nice together?

- The timelines of the various tables that would be plotted may or may not overlap. I would want to allow the user to vertically separate the charts when they do overlap, or overlap the charts.

- I want to be able to use the zoom functionality of the timeline to zoon in & out of the chart data.

- I want to be able to click and drag the charts and slide them left or right to be able to "slide" the dates of the table timeline up or down.

- I want to be able to click and drag the left or right edges of the chart to extend or delete the dates of the timeline.