Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validation "Entry is too long and was trimmed to xx symbols"
posted

I have a igTextEditor on an igDialog where the width is set to 200px and the Max Length is set to 8000.

We build up the textbox control as a user control so that all text editors are given above mentioned settings, so it looks as follows

<uc:WUECTextField ID="txtEmailAddress1" runat="server" TabIndex="6" Width="200" IsWarningControl="true" />

The one texteditor on the dialog is used for a email addresses. My issue is with this email address specifically : patricia.molefe@standardbank.co.za as you can see the character length is 34.

When I open the page where the dialog is on I get the following error in the left hand corner:

"Entry is too long and was trimmed to 30 symbols". the Text Editors Max length is set to 8000

When I change the email address to a shorter address the error does not display the next time I open the page.

It also just display in the top left corner for some reason.

Why is this happening? I have search through the whole project and on none of the controls the max length is 30.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Parents Reply Children
No Data