Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a way to not run row selection following a cell selection?
posted

I have a gird and I understand the default behavior when you have row selection enabled is to select the row when selecting a cell, but can that be disabled.  The scenario is actually simple.  I have a grid using row selection to bring up a modal edit form for the row.  I have multiple columns, one of which is a hyperlink to an external site.  I can stop the row selection from functioning by filtering the arguments for the field name of the hyperlinked column, but I want my users to be able to do things link cut/copy and paste from other rows, but the row selection brings up the modal form.  I would like to limit row selection on the left-hand checkboxes only.  Is this possible?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ted,

I have been looking into your question and the requirement can be achieved by using an ng-template with igxRowSelector which provide useful functionality for different scenarios.

We will use a boolean variable that will change its values ​​accordingly, if a cell is clicked it will be false, and if a checkbox is clicked an event will be executed that will set the value of the boolean variable to true. Then on the grid event (rowSelectionChanging), only if the variable is true (which means we have clicked on the checkbox) only then will the entire row be selected, otherwise we will set event.cancel to true and prevent the row from being selected so the requirement is achieved.

In addition, I have prepared a small sample illustrating my suggestion which could be found here.

Please test it on your side and let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics

Children
No Data